Thursday, 24 September 2026

Mega Butterfly 24th Sept 2026

I managed to get some photos of only our second record of Clouded Yellow at Rudyard . Andy Hearn had one fly over the water at the north end 5 days ago , so this could possibly be the same individual.  I was checking for waders on the spit as it caught my eye flying only yards in front of me. I only had my big lens and trying to capture a butterfly with that is almost impossible.  After 20 mins of flying around it eventually landed , to say iam happy to get it on camera is a understatement.  Several Common Darter Dragonflies were noted on the way back to the car. Very little news on the bird front the Peregrine went over again , 5 x Common Snipe and a single Little Egret. One adult Common Gull and 8 x Grey Heron out on the mud .